• (703) 642 - 5360
  • membership@purpleheart.org


How do I join the MOPH?

You must be active duty or have an honorable/general discharge. Your DD-214, DD-215 or equivalent documentation (orders, command letters, etc.) must be submitted to validate the award along with a signed application or online application Lifetime membership application fee is $200.00.

To apply online, go to Become a Member, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and follow the instructions. You can pay for the fee by credit card or mail a check when you submit the required documentation.

To apply by mail or email, download the Membership Application. Complete the form; submit the fee along with the required documentation.

If you have any questions, email membership@purpleheart.org or call 703-642-5360.

How do I replace a lost or damaged membership card?

Send $10.00 to MOPH Attn: Supply, 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield VA 22151; be sure to include your full name, address, and membership number if known. You can also purchase it online through your member login.

I need help filing a claim for VA benefits

…or I am having trouble with a pending claim. Can you help me? Unfortunately, MOPH has discontinued the service program. We are currently working on closing all offices and will be sending out letter notifying all claimants that we no longer offer this program.

Please don’t let that discourage you from seeking assistance from the VA. We strongly encourage you to contact VSO services such as VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), American Legion, and (DAV) Disabled American Veterans or your local VSO at your county or state level.

Here are some informative resources:

National Veteran Foundation: www.nvf.org/veteran-service-officers/

Veterans of Foreign Wars: www.vfw.org/contact-us

America Legion: www.legion.org/contact

Disabled American Veterans: www.dav.org/contact-us/

How do I donate clothing and other items to MOPH?

If you live in Maryland or Virginia, call 301-277-0063, describe your items and arrange for a pick-up. If you live in other states, call 888-414-4483 and follow the prompts to find a location near you. Most questions about donations can be answered there. For more information visit the Foundation at www.purpleheartfoundation.org

How do I change my address?

You can change your address online using Member Login, click on My Information to edit. You can also email membership@purpleheart.org, mail to MOPH Attn: Membership, 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield VA 22151 or by telephone 703-642-5360. Please include your membership number, full name, old address, new address and any other new information.

How do I find out if someone was awarded a Purple Heart?

That information must come from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) located in St Louis. You can access the Center by going to their website at www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center, you can also reach NPRC by mail at National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records: 1 Archives Drive, St Louis, MO 63138 or by phone at 314-801-0800, Fax 514-801-9195.

How does a veteran apply for the Purple Heart award?

We understand that you are looking for help obtaining awards; the Military Order of the Purple Heart is a combat-wounded membership organization for those who already received a Purple Heart. Therefore, we are not involved in the awarding of the Purple Heart.

Please take a look at HRC Department of Defense, (https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Purple%20Heart) as they provide details on how to obtain a Purple Heart.

If you don’t have or misplaced your or your loved ones DD-214, you can go through the National Archives to request military service records, (https://www.archives.gov/veterans).

Can I get help in logging on to the Purple Heart website?

Your username is your Member ID number. If you do not remember your password, you can re-set it on the login screen by clicking on the forgot your password link. Please note that the password is case sensitive.

If the system does not recognize your email address and you are a current member, DO NOT create a new account. Please email membership@purpleheart.org with your full name, address, and phone number and current email address.

What is the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor?

The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor is located in New Windsor, NY and dedicated to collecting, preserving and recognizing service men and women who were awarded the Purple Heart Medal. They offer free enrollment in the Roll of Honor. You can reach them by phone at 845-561-1765 or at www.thepurpleheart.com.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the latest Military Order of the Purple Heart news